Makati City is the financial center of the Philippines. In terms of location, Makati continues to stand out among the cities in Metro Manila. The city remains the country’s most progressive business hub and is home to leading corporations along with start-ups and entrepreneurs that are tapping into the growing number of innovation centers and co-working facilities.
Makati City Fast Facts
- Makati was originally part of the Rizal province until 1975
- There are 189 condominium buildings in Makati
- There are seven Makati underpasses, but are only located along the streets of Ayala Avenue and Paseo de Roxas
- Ayala Avenue used to be an Airport before World War II. This house the first airport in the Philippines, Nielsen Airport
- Every barangay in Makati has basketball courts. 35 Basketball courts have been created and are already in place.
- Jolli-jeeps are local attraction in the city. These are small food stalls that sells local Filipino favorites and some desserts.
- During the American Colonization, Santa Ana Race track was opened, the second horse racing track in the Philippines. This is now famously knows as Circuit Makati.
Makati Tourist Destinations and Landmarks
Aside from it being dubbed as Metro Manila Premium Central Business District, the city is also famous for historical landmarks and tourist destinations you can visit:
Parks and Gardens
- Ayala Triangle Garden
- Poblacion Park
- Legazpi Park
- Washington Sycip Park
- Makati Park and Garden
- Saints Peter and Paul Church
- Plaza Cristo Rey
- Nuestra Señora de Gracia Church
- Ermita de San Nicolas de Tolentino
- Ayala Museum
- Yuchengco Museum
- Museo ng Makati
- Vibrant Art Scene
- Legaspi Village Sunday Market
- Salcedo Village Saturday Market
If you are looking for a list of fine dining restaurants, Makati houses a good number of fine dining restaurants in Metro Manila:
- Spectrum - Fairmont Hotel
- Benjarong - Dusit Thani
- Umu Japanese Restaurants
- Mireio - Raffles Makati
- Jasmine Restaurant
- Escolta - The Peninsula Manila
- Spices - The Peninsula Manila
How to get to Makati:
Makati being one of the central business districts in Metro Manila has always been an accessible place to go, aside from your private cars, you can use the following mode of transportation to reach Makati:
- Point-to-point buses - this is an initiative by the Department of Transportation to offer commuters another reliable and safe mode of transport and help reduce the traffic volume in Metro Manila and beyond.
- Transportation Apps - these apps aims to make commuters' lives just a little bit easier. Better alternative if you don't own a car or you are in rush.
- Metro Rail Transit Line 3 - is a light rapid transit system line of Metro Manila, Philippines. The line runs in from Quezon City to Pasay following the alignment of Epifanio de los Santos Avenue. There are four (4) stations that traverse the city: Guadalupe, Buendia, Ayala, and Magallanes stations.
- PNR Metro Commuter Line - rail transit being operated by the Philippine National Railways, that traverse in the city through Buendia, Dela Rosa, Pasay Road, and EDSA stations.
Vista Residences made sure that they'll be present in Makati Central Business District through their condo for sale in Makati:
Mosaic Tower, Condominium for Sale in Makati
This 31-storey condominium in Makati, is a ready for occupancy condo, that is located in Trasierra, Legaspi Village, Makati. Walking distance to Greenbelt and Asian Institute of Management. A home to all young professionals and career oriented individuals who are looking for apartment for sale in Makati.
KL Tower, Condominium for Sale in Makati
Located in the posh and comfortable neighborhood of Legaspi Village, this condominium in Makati is strategically located near corporate centers and malls. Currently being operated as service residences, tenants can experience a welcoming ambiance while enjoying the hottest spots in the metro.
Laureano Di Trevi, Condominium for Sale in Makati
This is a three-tower development, along Chino Roces Avenue extension, Makati. The condominium is a mix of studio unit and 1-bedroom units with balcony. A total of 1000 residential units in total.
Salcedo Square, Condominium for Sale in Makati
This ready for occupancy condo in Makati is located at the heart of Salcedo Village. Units ranges from studio units to 2-bedroom units with fitness gym and swimming pool.