How can one not fall in love with clean design and cozy minimalistic condo interior that never go out of style? Minimalism may be the hottest condo interior trend today but Scandinavian interior design will always be in style!
By definition, Scandinavian interior design is a minimalistic style using a blend of textures and soft hues to make sleek, modern decor feel warm and inviting. It emphasizes clean lines, utility and simple furnishings that are functional, beautiful and cozy.
Whether you’re a student who wants a condo unit with minimalist color palettes, cozy accents and modern furniture or a young professional who is after contemporary design and comfortable space with muted tones, Scandinavian interior design is perfect for you!
People who are residing in key cities such as Quezon City are now looking into becoming a minimalist and designing their condo space with visual calmness to bring relaxation into their busy urban lifestyle.
Here are some tips to infuse your condo space with authentic and modern Scandinavian style and achieve that look for your condo in Quezon City.
- Play with natural light - It is said that windows in Scandinavian countries are left uncovered or if with curtains, they are usually white or light in color. So, in order to achieve that Scandinavian vibe, try to play with natural light. You can also bring in lighting by having candles that will surely warm up the room and create a relaxing and calming ambience.
- De-clutter - One of the most interesting features of a Scandinavian-inspired condo is its clutter-free environment. It’s all about having tidy spaces that would also equate to less stress and anxiety despite being in the middle of the city.
- Blend Neutral Tones and Pops of Color - Warm wood tones and sepia hues are very popular in Scandinavian interior design. To ace that Scandinavian look, make sure that most of the surfaces in your condo are in soft hues or in natural color to give warm and sunny feel without using bright colors.
- Go after functionality - Scandinavian-inspired condo units are designed with intention of hiding away items when not in use. Condo living doesn’t mean living with less but living with better space and carefully chosen pieces to achieve that minimal, well-organized look without getting rid of all your belongings!
Create a cozy, clean room by using straight lines and minimal, modern furniture characterized by warm wood tones, gentle lines, subtle curves and tapered legs.
- Get minimal decorative accents - Less is more, when styling a Scandinavian-inspired condominium unit. Scandinavian interiors often feature a mix of periods and styles to create a more open, airy feeling that gives you a sense of peace. So make sure to keep your decorative accents to a minimum!
- Bring the outside in with flowers and plants - Bring the outside in by decorating your condo unit with indoor plants and fresh flowers for an instant mood boost!
- Add warm and organic textiles - When decorating your Scandinavian-inspired condo unit, make sure to add natural elements to bring warmth and cozy vibe to your condo space. Bring balance into your condo space with a faux fur or shag rug. After all, the key is to make everything cozy and comfortable as possible.
- Brighten up space with light flooring and walls - Nothing can brighten up a space like all-white walls and light flooring. Choosing the right shade of white paint and mixing it with natural elements throughout the space can add warmth and texture and can also make the condo unit look bigger.
With these simple tips, you can be able to turn your condo unit into a welcoming home in the city.
Vista Residences, the condominium development arm of the country’s largest homebuilder Vista Land & Lifescapes, Inc, has move-in ready units in Quezon City that are within close distance to premium universities and developed business districts. These top-tier properties include Wil Tower and The Symphony Towers along Eugenio Lopez Drive in Diliman and Pine Crest in New Manila, Quezon City.
For more information on Vista Residences properties, visit www.vistaresidences.com.ph, follow @vistaresidencesofficial on Facebook or call Vista Residences Marketing at 09089148457.